Why Become a Member of TPSA?
of Association, the industry and why it is important to get involved
TPSA is the oldest and largest state association in the country
- We are all one voice, working to improve our working conditions, industry and safety.
In 2005 TPSA created the certification program
under the TX Supreme Court.
- Came together as 1 in 1999 North combined with South
- TPSA has worked relentlessly to improve our industry, by influencing the perception of Process Server legislation. Setting standards for Professionalism, Standards and Ethics
- The TX Supreme Court came to TPSA and said “How do we educate them?” So TPSA created the training program. Prior to that you could only serve papers under Rule 103. The judge in the county
papers were issued from had to appoint individuals to serve those papers EVERY paper!!
So Thank you TPSA for working for years to create a system where we are required to take classes and get certified with background checks. TPSA worked real hard to bring education
into the industry It is VERY IMPORTANT!!!
We are sanctioned by National Association of Professional Process Servers
- TPSA works closely with them
NOTE: Process Servers are not representatives of the TX Supreme Court or Judicial Branch Certification Committee (JBCC)
- JBCC certifies TX Process Servers and it is approved thru TX Supreme Court
Benefits for Members
We are the Grassroots for the Process Server Legislation and is why we were formed as an association and TPSA has been extremely and viciously involved since 2005
We can’t do this without you!!
- Certification Program
- For you, the server, to be able to serve
- To be recognized as industry and professional
- We have a very strong lobbyist who believes in Process Service.
- Lobbyists have represented us against Constables Association and others
- We have to fight them every legislation either on the offensive and/or defensive as it relates to process service industry.
- WE have "Walk the Halls" to talk to various reps to try to get bills or laws passed or blocked.
- We even send out email blasts to member to have the member send form letters or emails to these reps NOW. It gets their attention.
OTHER BENEFITS FOR YOU:
- TPSA stays updated on laws, certification requirements, trending issues related to our industry, etc. keeping you, the member informed.
- ID Card
- Annual Convention with CE Training and Key Speakers
- Search engine for clients looking for servers
- Personal training, Initial Process Server class and CE hours
- Volunteer opportunities
- NAPPS recognizes TPSA members
- Networking with other TPSA members
- "Member's Only" section with a forum for discussion, various forms, TPSA merchandise (ie: Door Hangers), etc.
- Call for assistance or questions if you are a member. We don’t offer this to all servers, just members
- Being a member of a TPSA speaks loudly to clients
- TPSA is working with paralegal associations throughout the state to drive them to our website for professional trained servers
- Quarterly Regional Round Ups for some training and up to date information on TPSA, laws, or other pertinent data
- Upcoming discounts. We are looking into group E&O, medical insurance, etc
- There are more benefits to be announced SOON!!